Personal Accident Cover – protecting against the unexpected

Whilst your daily life as an electrician isn’t without it’s own specific risks, it may not seem likely that you could have an accident that prevents you working.important to make sure you have the right insurance in place to protect your business and the work you do.

But what about your life outside of your working day? Maybe you play football with the kids at the weekend, or even the local team. Perhaps you’re a keen mountain biker or enjoy going for a run. If sport isn’t your thing, your spare time might well be spent carrying out DIY jobs at home or in the garden.

All of these carry a risk of having an accident that could prevent you from working for a while.


And that’s without considering the simple risk of being involved in an accident on the street – either as a pedestrian or in a vehicle.

It’s all very well to think “it won’t happen to me” – but what if something does happen and you can’t work for a few weeks?

Something as relatively straightforward as a broken arm can leave you unable to drive or carry out your work as an electrician. If you’re self-employed or a sole trader, the financial impact can be significant for you, your business and your family.

Does your insurance policy include personal accident cover?

The cover provided by NAPIT Insurance offers the option of including personal accident. The cover provided is 24/7 so accidents at home and recreational sports are covered (UK only). The benefit paid is 75% of your weekly average income, up to £500 per week. There’s a 14-day excess period but you can claim for up to a year if you remain unable to work.

To find out more about the cover provided by NAPIT Insurance and the option of adding personal accident cover, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Talk to the friendly team at NAPIT Insurance

Give us a call: 0330 9000 701 or send us an email: