Could your business cope with unexpected legal costs? If you’re running your own business, as well as your day-to-day job, you probably have to deal
Could your business cope with unexpected legal costs?
If you’re running your own business, as well as your day-to-day job, you probably have to deal with health & safety, employment law, finances and tax issues.
Whilst you might be an expert electrical contractor, are you an expert in everything else? Who do you turn to if you need help – and can you afford to ask for it?
Business legal expenses insurance can help – find out what it is and what it does here:
Legal expenses insurance is available as an additional option to your NAPIT Insurance policy and provides legal protection up to £100,000 including:
- Criminal prosecution defence: costs and expenses to defend your legal rights following an event which leads to the insured person being prosecuted in a court of criminal jurisdiction
- Employment disputes: costs and expenses to defend your legal rights. Examples include unfair dismissal disputes or disputes relating to a contract of employment.
- Tax protection: costs and expenses for a tax enquiry, an employer compliance dispute, or a VAT dispute.
- Property disputes: costs and expenses in any civil dispute relating to physical property which is owned by you, or your responsibility, following physical damage to your property, a legal nuisance or trespass.
- Data protection: costs and expenses to defend the insured person’s legal rights if civil action is taken against the insured person for compensation under data protection legislation, when handling personal data in their capacity as a data controller and/or a data processor.
- Personal injury: costs and expenses for an insured person’s and their family members’ legal rights following a specific or sudden accident that causes the death of, or bodily injury to them.
- Jury service: DAS will pay you or an insured person the net salary or wages of such an insured person following their absence from work to perform jury service.
- Contract disputes: costs and expenses in a contractual dispute with a party that you have a direct contractual relationship with arising from an agreement by you or on your behalf for the purchase, hire, sale or provision of goods or of services.
- Debt recovery: costs and expenses, including enforcement of judgment to recover money and interest due, from the sale or provision of goods or services.
The cover is provided by DAS and includes access to DAS Businesslaw – an online resource that provides vital business and legal support. It contains a range of regularly updated business and legal guides, document builders, interactive checklists and videos that can help you with the day-to-day running of your business, as well as helping you to manage your exposure to legal risk.
It includes practical information, guides, checklists, videos, workflow tools, legal templates and more across a range of topics as well as access to unlimited, 24hr telephone legal advice.
So, whether you’re worried about facing a serious legal issue or just want to check something with a solicitor, you can consult with a team of legal experts whenever you need to.
To find out more, speak to our team.