The start of a new year (and a new decade!) is the perfect opportunity to make sure your house is in order. When it comes to your business, insurance is an important element and one that can be overlooked. Making sure you have the right insurance types and levels of cover is vital, after all, the worst time to realise there are gaps in your insurance is when you come to make a claim.
We’ve put together a quick checklist of things you should have to not only meet the requirements of your NAPIT membership, but also protect you against the risks you face in your industry:
- Up to £2 million of public liability cover within your business insurance policy. Public liability cover protects you should you cause injury to a member of the public or damage their property.
- Professional indemnity insurance, or PI, cover to a minimum of £250,000. PI is designed to protect you for professional errors or omissions you make.
- If you own a vehicle which you rely on for getting to work, a fully comprehensive vehicle insurance policy is important. You may also wish to consider optional extras such as windscreen cover or motor legal expenses cover for the peace of mind that you’re fully protected.
- If you employ anyone else, whether on a permanant, temporary basis or as an apprentice, you are required by law to have employers liability insurance. This cover will protect you should they suffer an accident or injury whilst at work.
- You know how to access the necessary information should you need to make a claim. As soon as you become aware of a claim, or potential claim, it’s important that notify your insurer as soon as possible. For this you are likely to need the relevant policy/reference numbers and the contact details of the claims team or handler.
At NAPIT Insurance, we understand the risks that face your business and you can be confident that our insurance products are designed to go beyond the standard levels of protection you require. We have worked closely with NAPIT to ensure our policies also meet the requirements of your membership.
For a review of your existing insurance or for a quote, contact the NAPIT Insurance team on 03455 646 173, or complete an online enquiry form and we’ll get back to you.